Fedora 15 is a lot like Windows OS's.. irritating, offensive, difficult to use with ease, nauseating to try...

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Thu Sep 8 13:46:58 UTC 2011

On 09/08/2011 09:32 AM, Pedro Francisco wrote:
> Too much work. I'd recommend either Gnome's fallback mode or use a
> taskbar like tint2, which is what I'm doing now :)

  It makes far more sense to do what many have already done and switch
to a stable and configurable DE that better suits your needs. Seriously,
Gnome 2 is dead - move on.

  Choose one of the alternatives - [Gnome 3 or] KDE or LXDE or XFCE or ...

  Everyone is required to change - if you don't like G-3 there are
several great DE's ... fedora makes it super easy to try them - then
pick the one that suits your needs.

  Fiddling and diddling and painting the donkey to look like a horse
wont get you a horse :-)

  If indeed G-3 is targeted at the tablet market as some say, then
perhaps one day it will be able to compete against Android,  perhaps
that will be its home.

  For those who use their computers for real work (not just browsing and
tweeting) the other DE's offer a superior environment (for many).

  In fact, I would suggest that G-3 be changed to a tablet spin and lets
make KDE the default DE for [lap/desk]/tops.