Fedora 15 is a lot like Windows OS's.. irritating, offensive, difficult to use with ease, nauseating to try...

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:40:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Genes MailLists <lists at sapience.com> wrote:

>  Everyone is required to change - if you don't like G-3 there are
> several great DE's ... fedora makes it super easy to try them - then
> pick the one that suits your needs.
>
>  Fiddling and diddling and painting the donkey to look like a horse
> wont get you a horse :-)
>
>  If indeed G-3 is targeted at the tablet market as some say, then
> perhaps one day it will be able to compete against Android,  perhaps
> that will be its home.
>
>  For those who use their computers for real work (not just browsing and
> tweeting) the other DE's offer a superior environment (for many).
>
>  In fact, I would suggest that G-3 be changed to a tablet spin and lets
> make KDE the default DE for [lap/desk]/tops.

Actually I wonder how many people who have posted so much about G-2
being retained, and how difficult G-3 is, have actually used KDE
current in f15? I have been using it for a while now and it really is
nice - and a completely different DE to the first shaky new KDE 4.0
that emerged only a couple of versions ago.... it is very usable and
worthy of daily use now as KDE4.6 or 4.7...

You are right G-2 is yesterday's desktop - today we have G-3 for those
that like it, and it may be a hard pill for some to swallow, even if
it does head down the tablet route (sorry - could not resist!) but if
it is impossible to swallow then I would really recommend people do
try KDE or one of the other DEs that have been mentioned. There are
good alternatives to G-3.

--
mike c