Fedora 15 is a lot like Windows OS's.. irritating, offensive, difficult to use with ease, nauseating to try...

Frederick N. Brier fnb.ml at multideck.com
Mon Sep 12 18:05:09 UTC 2011

On 09/09/2011 03:57 PM, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
>> A lot of people dismissed KDE after the rough time of version 4.0, in
>> a similar way that Gnome3 is now losing its userbase. But today KDE4
>> is a beautiful, stable and very user-friendly DE.
> Stable? I had to wait until KDE-4.6 until I finally decided that
> waiting and reporting bugs won't fix its buginess.
> Switched to XFCE a few months ago, and didn't regret it. A traditional
> desktop as I like it (a lot like KDE3).
>
> - Clemens
Wow.  Thank you.  I was hesitant to try KDE after reading about 4.x, but
XFCE has brought most of the snappiness back to my machine.  The Chrome
bookmarks pop-up dialog and IntelliJ's smart code completion are still
slower than they were under F14, but faster than Gnome3.  And it was SO
easy to install.  I have done a lot with Fedora, but I have never
installed a second Window Manager.  Just stuck with Gnome.  Yeah
Fedora!  Gee, now I might try IceWM just for giggles. :)

Fred