Fedora 15 is a lot like Windows OS's.. irritating, offensive, difficult to use with ease, nauseating to try...

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Sep 12 18:47:30 UTC 2011

On 09/12/2011 11:05 AM, Frederick N. Brier wrote:
> Wow.  Thank you.  I was hesitant to try KDE after reading about 4.x, but
> XFCE has brought most of the snappiness back to my machine.

There's an old trick that most of the early window managers used that I
hadn't seen in years until I tried XFCE: the context menu you get when
you right-click on the desktop contains your complete main menu,
including Preferences and Administration.  No more need to go over to
the panel to launch a program or control panel, just right-click
wherever your mouse happens to be.  Lack of it isn't a show-stopper, of
course, but once you get used to it, it's very convenient.  I mention it
mostly because you may not have found it yet.