Epson Artisan 725: anyone using with fedora?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 09:24:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:06:50 +0100
Tim Waugh wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 20:50 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> > I want at least scanning and DVD/CD printing to work?
> > (I suspect it can print on paper if it can print on DVDs :-).
> > Anyone used these features on fedora with this all-in-one
> > device? Epson does point to a 3rd party driver.
>
> I don't have any experience with it, but it's worth bearing in mind the
> epson-inkjet-printer-escpr driver, now available in Fedora.  It has a
> PPD for the Epson Artisan 720, although I can't see a DVD/CD media size
> specified in it.

Sounds incomplete then - all the artisan series can do DVD/CD
printing (according to their website anyway).

I'll probably go with the Epson Artisan over the canon. Not
only does it seem to have better reviews, but it is cheaper,
and I have found at least one set of notes where someone
got everything working on ubuntu using the 3rd party drivers
for some bits that weren't supported natively.