Epson Artisan 725: anyone using with fedora?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 13:16:52 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want at least scanning and DVD/CD printing to work?
> (I suspect it can print on paper if it can print on DVDs :-).
> Anyone used these features on fedora with this all-in-one
> device? Epson does point to a 3rd party driver.

Dumping the HP Photosmart?

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. All that time I though it was
glabels that was the problem but it turns out my Photosmart printer
has gone wonky.

Photo prints looked good when the printer was new, but now even with
new inkjet cartridges and several cleaning runs, they still look bad.

Every time I try to print on a DVD now it doesn't want to print on the
whole thing and I get a media size mismatch which I can override.

Also I can no longer print on envelops. It also get's a media size
mismatch but you can't override it.

Let everyone know if you get the Artisan working well. I may make the
switch to Epson as well.

Thanks,
Richard