Help Pl: Fedora 15 not detecting PCI Parallel Port

Sanjay Arora sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 17:04:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 8:16 PM, Mikkel L. Ellertson
<mellertson at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am betting you had to install a driver in Windows so that it would
> work. You may be able to get the port addresses from Windows easier
> then you can from Linux...
>
> Mikkel

True, the manufacturer provides a driver for Win 7 and advice to use parport
for Linux ;-(

lspci -v lists the device below

02:00.0 Serial controller: Device 4348:5053 (rev 10) (prog-if 02 [16550])
Subsystem: Device 4348:5053
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 16
I/O ports at e010 [size=8]
I/O ports at e000 [size=8]
Kernel driver in use: serial

and there is no parallel port in the listing. The card has only two physical
ports...one serial & one parallel.

Pl help with what exactly do I need to get from the windows driver or what
to do to probe the ports to find out which one is serial & which one is
parallel and initialize them.

With regards & thanks.
Sanjay.