Setting Command line to 80 x 25 ascii mode

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Thu Sep 15 00:28:56 UTC 2011

Hello all

I am using kde on fedora 15. I need to setup a couple of login terminals
on Alt-F2/F3 to 80x25 ascii resolution (of the dos/cga days). Have
researched a lot but can't seem to find a short & simple answer.

Please point out links for changing display mode on the fly and
permanent changes.

With best regards.
Sanjay.

I have used konsole to connect to a SCO unix machine and have been able
to change the size of the window by controlling the environment
variables in the remote machine.

The only way I have found to do this is to set the environment variables
while using xterm as the terminal emulator on the remote machine.

LINES=25
COLUMNS=80

You have to set the variables before you start the next process or new
process.

Good Luck

Greg