System starts by itself

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Fri Sep 16 16:37:09 UTC 2011

On 09/16/2011 08:02 AM, john at mbstemps.com wrote:

[snip]

> Now I just wish I could get the stupid looking bird in a tree screen gone from the startup user selection screen, does anyone know what procedure is called to start the system?

It's called "plymouth" and it's controlled by the "theme" setting in
"/lib/systemd/system/plymouth-start.service" (the default is called
"charge").

"yum list plymouth*" to get other themes, then install one and change
the default setting.  Also "man plymouth" for more info.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting          ricks at nerd.com -
-  You know the old saying--any technology sufficiently advanced is  -
-               indistinguishable from a Perl script                 -
-                                 --Programming Perl, 2nd Edition    -