Suspend doesn't always resume

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 15:31:45 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a fedora15 x86_64 install on an AMD Phenom system and doesn't
always resume from suspend. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this or
any idea why this would be happening. What can be done to fix this?

When pressing the power button to resume, the computer powers on but
is unresponsive. No display, USB mouse doesn't illuminate, can't
access it remotely. It's just lights on, no one home.

I've included a few details about my system below.

# /var/log/pm-suspend.log shows nothing particularly indicative of a problem
http://pastebin.com/tpHnbSU9

# lspci -v info showing motherboard info (Asus Crosshair IV Formula)
http://pastebin.com/peN5pYer

# This is processor 6 as an example
processor       : 5
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 16
model           : 10
model name      : AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 800.000
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 6
core id         : 5
cpu cores       : 6
apicid          : 5
initial apicid  : 5
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 6
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nopl
nonstop_tsc extd_apicid aperfmperf pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm
cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch
osvw ibs skinit wdt nodeid_msr cpb npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save
pausefilter
bogomips        : 6421.01
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate [9]

Is there something that specifically I should investigate with the
BIOS configuration?

Is there a more specific forum that would be better suited for ideas here?
Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex