Is it safe to yum remove plymouth from F-15 -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Sep 16 16:52:26 UTC 2011

        I thought I would remove Plymouth since I don't use the graphic
        log-in but I'm not sure about the "dracut" it will take out.

            Removing:
              plymouth                       x86_64
            0.8.4-0.20110510.2.fc15
            @koji-override-1/$releasever               201 k
            Removing for dependencies:
              dracut                         noarch
            009-12.fc15
            @updates                                   430 k
              plymouth-scripts               x86_64
            0.8.4-0.20110510.2.fc15
            @koji-override-1/$releasever                11 k

            Transaction Summary
            Remove        3 Package(s)

            Installed size: 642 k

        It looks like it is just one more app. slowing down my boot
        every morning but I don't want to cause new problems.

        Can I remove it safely?

        Bob