LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 19:56:43 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 6:39 PM, Alan Cox <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
> I still remember KDE3->4 and I'm afraid after that I don't trust there
> won't be a similarly catastrophic KDE4-5 8(

I doubt that. KDE3 was based on a rather old and outgrown paradigm,
and that was the main reason for rewriting KDE4 from scratch. Now
after that is done, it will be just evolution for the forseeable
future. AFAICT, devs are now happy with the codebase design, and do
not feel the need to rewrite it again. It will be some time until this
codebase becomes obsolete. ;-)

:-)
Marko