LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sat Sep 17 20:28:05 UTC 2011

> I personally think that you GNOME 3 devs are incompetent (I know that there
> are some who are not happy about the state of it and perhaps will get an upper
> hand in due time - the sooner the better).

That seems uncalled for. Trying to build a new desktop is a large, non
trivial project. It doesn't take incompetence to get it badly wrong in
places, it's an inevitable part of any big change. The real test will be
how well it gets sorted and tidied up.

Most of the Gnome 3 developers have done a heck of a lot more work than
almost all of the peanut gallery.

Alan