How to permanently delete root CAs from mozilla products?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Sep 18 01:05:56 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-09-17 at 20:29 -0400, David wrote:
> On 9/17/2011 8:06 PM, Craig White wrote:

> > As for Macintosh, Windows, 'generic Linux' (whatever that means to you
> > it means nothing to me), I don't know but I can verify the
> > Windows/Macintosh FF behavior when I get time. Did you actually track
> > the exact state of the DigiNotar certificate before/after updating?
>

> Did I "actually track  the exact state of the DigiNotar certificate"?
> No. Not really. I just updated as needed and did not sit on my thumb
> while the rest of the world solved this problem.
----
ok - you probably want to check the DigiNotar certificate because if it
is dated from 2007 and still retains the trust checkboxes, you may have
as well sat on your thumbs because you still have the problem.

Since I fired up my netbook (F14) for another thread, I am going to end
up installing all the updates and look at a relatively pristine profile
and see what the update does to the DigiNotar certificate without any
my netbook on for a few months so there is a lot of updates and Acer
Aspire One has never exactly been known to set speed records).

Craig

believed to be clean.