LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Sep 18 01:39:50 UTC 2011

On 09/17/2011 03:39 PM, JB wrote:
> There is a similar case with systemd project.
> There is a meister there as well who tells people "If you disagree with
> Lennart then you must hate handicapped people!".
> For reference:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ERAXJj142o
>
> This is their idea of an interaction between devs and users ...

I'm not going to watch almost an hour's worth of video for one short
scene.  I will say, however, that although I don't know who you're
quoting, I'll match my experience helping the handicapped to his any
day.  Not only did I keep Dan Alderson
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Alderson) productive for two years at
JPL after diabetic retinopathy made it impossible for him to read a
computer screen (and took care of him at home, afterwards, until he had
to be placed in a nursing home) I've run Handicapped Services at various
local and regional conventions either as department head or staff for
many years.  And, my sister and I took care of our mother during the
last five years of her life when her Parkinson's Disease reached the end
stage and took her mobility away.