XFCE and Rhythmbox and media keys

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Sun Sep 18 11:38:49 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:57:27AM -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
> When I was using Gnome 2 and Gnome 3, the media keys on my Logitech
> keyboard "just worked" with Rhythmbox.  I've actually worn through the
> top of the pause/play button.

Can only explain how GNOME does it: media key presses are announced via
dbus, so that multiple programs can listen for it. Not sure which exact
dbus method, but dbus-monitor should show it.

Suggest asking XFCE devs to support that.. or set the default command so
something which can recreate those dbus signals.
--
Regards,
Olav