LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sun Sep 18 19:16:44 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-09-18 at 18:06 +0200, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 01:11:16PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > > How about the way that you can only trigger a specific and needed action
>
> > To me there are several
> > [...]
> > - disabling the middle mouse button by default

> Ad point 2: don't understand this one, disabled?

Middle-button emulation for two-button mice is disabled by default.

        gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.peripherals.mouse
        middle-button-enabled true

fixes it.  But I don't understand that choice (or the one-pixel border)
either.

That said, I mostly find GNOME 3 usable on my laptop and acceptable on
my desktop.  Not nearly perfect yet, but usable.

--
Matthew Saltzman
Clemson University Mathematical Sciences