LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2

Weather birger at birger.sh
Mon Sep 19 07:07:12 UTC 2011

>I think that's likely.  I also note that several people have chimed in
>recently with a more positive take.

When I first met gnome-shell I got as frustrated as everyone else. I guess offering a quick tutorial on first login would be a very good move. Like firefox when they have new features.

I googled a bit, learnt some tricks, and decided to stick with it for a week to give it a chance. I would recommend the same to everyone else. It's far from perfect, but it's good in new ways. It will evolve, and I want to be part of that.

Fedora is about embracing new technologies and make them work. Remember when pulseaudio was the topic that generated this kind of noise? Look at it today. I wouldn't be without it!

Gnome 3 is good. Needs some spit, polish and a lot of elbow grease.