Bug in system-config-firewall ?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 20:44:20 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 3:21 PM, JB <jb.1234abcd at gmail.com> wrote:
> linux guy <linuxguy123 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> I found a work around.  Instead of entering port 22 as a "Trusted Port", enter
> it manually as an "Other Port".What is it with Linux (ie Fedora, Ubuntu, etc)
> and firewall managers ?  Firestarter was crap for years and now we have this ?I
> think I know why Samba wasn't working when I set it up last week.  I spent at
> least a day working on it.  I never thought to run nmap.  Live, pay and learn.LG
>>

> The workaround is just that. But you should investigate it more.
>
> I am on F14 - opened port 22 via GUI firewall, applied it, and a new rule
> showed up in config file and in iptables. Then I rebooted and all was as
> expected.
> You should test it on your F? distro as well and expect it to be OK.

I ran into a similar issue on my wife's laptop from a clean install of
F15. I opened up CUPS (621?) using s-c-f but it did not work. I added
it manually.

I haven't had a chance to see what it takes to reproduce the problem
since everything but my MythTV box is already upgraded, but from this
thread it looks like it's a real bug.

Richard