Using diskless clients in Fedora 14

Miner, Jonathan W (US SSA) jonathan.w.miner at baesystems.com
Tue Sep 20 15:07:50 UTC 2011

It's been a while since I've done anything with diskless clients.

I've read and followed the steps Chapter 18 of the "Storage Admin Guide". My cluster (server + 2 nodes) is working, but I have some questions:

1) The docs make it look like all the clients share the same filesystem and mount it read-write. Wouldn't this cause problems? I recall in the older versions there were separate directories for each client.

2) I've tried looking for a concrete examples of setting up a small diskless cluster using Fedora 14.  Has anyone done it?

- Jon