How to install Firefox 4

Hiisi hiisi at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 21 05:54:05 UTC 2011

On 20 September 2011 10:58, Vinny Onelli <vonelli at verizon.net> wrote:
<--SNIP-->
> Thank you Hiisi, for the prompt response. I executed the instruction you
> give me, the fallows is the result
>
> [Vinny at Lab2 ~]$ su -c "yum --enablerepo=remi update firefox"
> Password:
> Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
> Adding en_US to language list
>

> Error getting repository data for remi, repository not found
> [Vinny at Lab2 ~]$
>
> I also checked on http://blog.famillecollet.com/pages/Config-en
> but i don't see any thing about Firefox.
> By the way I do use F14

Do you have remi repo installed? Have you followed the instructions on
http://blog.famillecollet.com/pages/Config-en? Following instructions
on the above mentioned page you have to have rpmfusion repository
installed:
http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration
What is the output of
ls /etc/yum.repos.d
By the way, all this repositories are third-party and isn't a part of
fedora project. So, if you have problems with any of it please consult
dedicated forums. I.e. http://forums.famillecollet.com/
--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.