CentOS-6 by PXEboot?

Veli-Pekka Kestilä fedora at guagua.fi
Fri Sep 23 05:11:28 UTC 2011

On 23/09/2011 04:29, Craig White wrote:
> CentOS only recently got out the 6.0 release and RHEL 6.1 has actually
> been out for quite a while. The question is, why would anyone actually
> install CentOS 6 because they are running 9+ months behind and haven't
> actually packaged a single security update yet.
>
> Craig

Maybe some of us don't have luxury of choosing what to use. I would love
to use fedora, but the 1-year reinstall cycle is too short (Especially
as it's not sure there will be someone to help users to reinstall) and
getting the old binaries ported from vms with lost sources to work with
software insisting to use latest bells and whistles not found in CentOS
5. Only choice left for us is the CentOS 6.

Veli-Pekka