Lost PSWD - How to recover

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 25 14:52:01 UTC 2011

On 09/25/2011 02:13 PM, Zadikim Yisrael wrote:
> I do apologize for not responding quickly.  Fedora Core user pswd is the
> problem.  They (school) needed to pass large files between admin and
> instructor.  When my testing was complete, and everything was working,
> including NX (remote desktop), I wast called to another job.
>
> I will perform the suggestions below.

<snip>

strange that school would ask someone to set up a server and said person
doing so, is not familiar with basic commands, especially "man", "info",
"sudo", "su", and "passwd".

much less, that said person is not familiar with using 'single user mode',
'recover disk', etc.

you sound more like a security and system risk.

over looking such, you first need to run these commands;

  man passwd
or
  info passwd

  man su
or
  info su

  man sudo
or
  info sudo

either will show you that, when run as 'root user', command;

  passwd username newpassword

will change password for username.

--

peace out.