Developers responsibillity to Fedora Users

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Sep 29 01:29:06 UTC 2011

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 16:26:44 +0200
Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> On 09/28/2011 03:42 PM, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > yum groupinstall "XFCE"
> > set your desktop at gdm
>
> - EFAIL screensaver

--verbose? Hopefully you aren't trying to use gnome-screensaver.
xscreensaver should work fine.

> - EFAIL set desktop background

Works fine here.

> - EFAIL terminal sizing (Fix lingering in testing)

That issue affects gnome-terminal, and yes, there's a fix in testing.
Xfce Terminal works fine and always has. ;)

> - Sporadic -EFAIL restoring desktop.

There's been some reports of this. I have been unable to isolate it.
Somehow the window manager crashes on logout and the session gets saved
without it. There's an upstream bug open on it... more information
welcome.

> > End of problem
>
> Start of new problems ;)

Sadly, all software has issues. ;)