huge mail going throw my mail server how to protect

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Apr 6 18:29:56 UTC 2012

On 04/06/2012 11:12 AM, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> Getting
> blacklisted because you build an open relay is stupid, but nothing
> changes practice more and faster than adverse anecdote :-)

Yup!  I'm retired, so time isn't the issue.  However, as there are only
three people with email addresses at this domain there's no real reason
for me to do it except personal satisfaction and if I've that much time
on my hands, it's better spent finishing the final edit of my first
novel[1] so that I can self-publish it and (maybe) get some extra
income.  And, for that matter, I've gotten sendmail to use my hosting
company's smtp server as a smarthost because my ISP blocks outgoing Port
25, so even if I did set up my own server, my email would go from it to
my hosting company and then get delivered.  Personally, I can't see much
point to it.

[1]I have three novels from NaNoWriMo that I've finished and three
sitting at somewhere over 50,000 words each that still need the first
draft brought to a proper conclusion.  I'm going to get all of them out
there, RSN...