huge mail going throw my mail server how to protect

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 18:40:03 UTC 2012

On 04/06/2012 03:56 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 06.04.2012 09:28, schrieb Rafiqul Islam:
>> My question is too many unknown user sending mail using my MTA(Postfix) so that hotmail,google reject mail from my
>> domain(mail.navigation.com<http://mail.navigation.com>  and IP:202.53.168.75)  and i don't know how to stop this
>> unexpected outgoing mail.
>
> ouch i did not see the "unknown user sending mail using my MTA"
> shutdown you server NOW or at least make it unacessable
> from the internet before you have a working mail-configuration
>
> with this ip-address you are known as spammer and will not
> be able the next time to provide any trustful mailservice
>
> anybody out there must not open port 25 from the internet
> becuase he was able to type "yum install postfix", that may
> sound rude but nobody needs more spamservers maintained
> by people missing the knowledge to maintain mailservices
>
> to not be a open-relay is the first and most important basic task

Back in the day there was an outfit in Australia that would send you
nasty griefing email if you had an open relay. Sendmail was JUST coming
out with the means to prevent being an open relay, so there was a mad
scramble to update quickly. And that was over 10 years ago. I agree, if
you cannot comprehend email setup, best not to do it. I took a 5 day
course in setting up sendmail and still failed the replay part of the
final. So, I don't run a sendmail server today. <grins> Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html