flash updated (11.2 r202) yesterday, strange permissions stuff, no youtube

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Apr 14 13:34:53 UTC 2012

On 04/14/2012 09:11 PM, Joel Rees wrote:
> With the old flash plugin, youtube works fine.
>
>> > May put
>> > flash in one account on the box I'm using here, to see if it's perhaps
>> > a CPU or other hardware issue but not now.
> Okay, the current flash plugin and yesterdays both work on this box. Except that
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_GpxCUg9Vo
>
> (heart playing heartless on TV back in the 70s) doesn't.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a03S9o4sFxE
>
> B52s playing Roam, does play.
>
> html5 setting doesn't make any difference on this box, either.
>
> This box is a netbook with the accursed Intel Atom N455, 32 bit
> fedora. That box is AMD Sempron 2600, all 32 bit.
>
> Guess I need to file a bug somewhere.

I am unable to follow what you are doing.  I thought there was one box...your
daughter's.  Now there are 2.  This and that.

FWIW, both of those URLs you cite play just fine under F16/Firefox/HTML5 on my Intel
i5 system.  As I said, and as Sam has also pointed out, there really is no reason to
mess with the tar file.  Nobody I know jumps through hoops longer.

Good luck.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage