Can anyone recommend a good video editing tool?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 03:28:41 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Roberto Ragusa <mail at robertoragusa.it>wrote:

> Hmmmm? Having an additional intermediate encoding to avoid re-encoding
> artifacts???

By converting to very high quality MPEG2 you avoid issues with AVI, XVID,
H.264 encoding and decoding which a lot of programs handle differently (you
can get different results just by using different builds of FFMPEG).

For instance, it´s impossible to do frame-accurate cutting with a lot of
AVI cutters, whereas on MPEG2 cuts are frame-perfect. Don´t ask me why, I´m
not a codecs writer just an end user of many video cutting tools. And this
is based on my personal experience.

MPEG2 is the codec used on broadcast HDTV, and while it´s much less
efficient than H.264, it´s less CPU intensive for applications to work with.

FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell