USB Live Install problem -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Dec 29 17:04:57 UTC 2012

            On this computer I have a copy of
            "Fedora-18-Beta-x86_64-Live-XFCE.iso" I would like to
            install on another computer. It has a GiGabyte GA-E350N
            motherboard which has a recognized problem booting from a
            thumb drive. I've used "livecreator" on three different
            thumb drives and tried everything I can find to get it to
            boot without success, although in the past I have managed,
            not this time!

            Is there a way I can install without using the USB flash
            drive? There is no optical drive in that box. Is there a
            scheme for installing over the LAN connection? About all I
            can think of at this point is to swap a drive into another
            computer that will boot from the flash drive but that's more
            work than I planned on, but could do ...

            Bob

            --

            http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

            box7