sound

stan gryt2 at q.com
Wed Feb 15 01:38:16 UTC 2012

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 20:08:28 +0000 (GMT)
Patrick Dupre <patrick.dupre at york.ac.uk> wrote:

> You could try, as root,
> modprobe -v VT17xx
>
> FATAL: Module VT17xx not found.
>
> What provide such a mĀ¶odule?
The sound driver modules are provided as part of the kernel.  When the
kernel is compiled, the drivers are either compiled as part of it, or
more commonly, as modules so they can be loaded if necessary.

I run only custom compiled kernels here, so I don't have a stock Fedora
kernel to see what it does.  I seem to recall that all sound drivers are
compiled as modules, which makes sense.
Run
modprobe -v -l | grep snd
to see which sound driver modules are available to you.
Try
modprobe -v -l | grep -i vt1
to see if the vt module is available.  You might have to run the
command I gave above with the proper name for the module.  Maybe it
should be snd-VT17xx or snd-vt17xx instead of the name I gave.