Please Relax was: And don't let the door hit you on the way out

Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 00:46:13 UTC 2012

On 07/07/2012 12:38 AM, Richard Vickery wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I
> <eoconnor25 at gmail.com <mailto:eoconnor25 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     To place my two cents in this: I'm going to capitalize the most
>     important words in my statement so that there's no confusion: In
>     MY PERSONAL OPINION I feel that anyone who wishes to voice THEIR
>     OPINION on this mailing list should be ALLOWED to do so, UNLESS it
>     DETRACTS from the QUALITY & CONTENT of this mailing list. I also
>     PERSONALLY feel that if two or more people wish to have a
>     DISCUSSION concerning their PERSONAL BELIEFS...CONVICTIONS and
>     OPINIONS, they should be JUST AS FREE to do so without INVOLVING
>     THE ENTIRE MAILING LIST! But please.....once again bear in mind
>     this is MY PERSONAL OPINION and as such it should be TREATED as
>     such and not be given enough weight to cause someone to feel
>     impelled to respond!
>

>     EGO II
>

>     On 07/06/2012 10:11 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>
>         --- On Fri, 7/6/12, Richard Vickery
>         <richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
>         <mailto:richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         From: Richard Vickery <richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
>         <mailto:richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com>>
>         Subject: Re: Please Relax was: And don't let the door hit you
>         on the way out
>         To: "Community support for Fedora users"
>         <users at lists.fedoraproject.org
>         <mailto:users at lists.fedoraproject.org>>
>         Date: Friday, July 6, 2012, 6:41 PM
>
>         On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM, suvayu ali
>         <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
>         <mailto:fatkasuvayu%2Blinux at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi Antonio,
>

>         On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Antonio Olivares
>
>         <olivares14031 at yahoo.com <mailto:olivares14031 at yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>             I beg to differ. I for one see that some folks are angry
>             about his
>             postings. He has the right to post/complain/rant/.../etc.
>             Or am I
>             mistaken? Are we under a new law? a new world government
>             where people
>             cannot speak their minds?
>

>         I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, however I feel many
>
>         posters are angry because the OP has consistently insulted the
>         community
>
>         starting from the very first post to this thread. Thinly
>         veiled indirect
>
>         insults are still insults, and against list guidelines.
>

>         I witheld from posting to this thread so far, but your message
>
>         supporting(?) the OP seemed to deserve an explanation from my
>         side why
>
>         even a passive reader might feel offended and bear some resentment
>
>         towards the OP.
>

>         Hope to help each other in a more productive thread,
>

>         --
>
>         Suvayu
>

>         Open source is the future. It sets us free.
>
>         --
>
>         Clarification please: OP
>
>         -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

> [...]

I agree with you 100%. I've already had this discussion with someone
about another operating system that they constantly complain
about.....and that apparently the owner / developers aren't going to
change...! I guess it's just a mind set some people have. I can only say
that I prefer to use what I LIKE, and then keep the complaints to a
minimum, or to not even complain at all...

EGO II