Please Relax was: And don't let the door hit you on the way out

Robert Myers rbmyersusa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 03:06:41 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I
<eoconnor25 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/07/2012 12:38 AM, Richard Vickery wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I <eoconnor25 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> To place my two cents in this: I'm going to capitalize the most important
>> words in my statement so that there's no confusion: In MY PERSONAL OPINION I
>> feel that anyone who wishes to voice THEIR OPINION on this mailing list
>> should be ALLOWED to do so, UNLESS it DETRACTS from the QUALITY & CONTENT of
>> this mailing list. I also PERSONALLY feel that if two or more people wish to
>> have a DISCUSSION concerning their PERSONAL BELIEFS...CONVICTIONS and
>> OPINIONS, they should be JUST AS FREE to do so without INVOLVING THE ENTIRE
>> MAILING LIST! But please.....once again bear in mind this is MY PERSONAL
>> OPINION and as such it should be TREATED as such and not be given enough
>> weight to cause someone to feel impelled to respond!
>>

>> EGO II
>>

>> On 07/06/2012 10:11 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:

Not to worry.  Just as soon as you stop talking about me, I'll
disappear.  If you want to refer to someone by their last name, it is
customary to use the appropriate honorific, the last name by itself
being taken as rude.  In my case, the appropriate honorific would be
Dr.  So address me or refer to me as Robert or Dr. Myers, not Myers or
Mr. Myers.  That people on this list would talk about manners almost
makes my heart stop.

If you don't know how to use the reflexive properly ("someone like
myself" is incorrect usage in multiple ways), avoid it.  Otherwise,
you might sound like Marilyn Monroe referring to "a nice girl like I,"
which is what you do sound like.

Finally, if you don't want to read what I say, don't read it.  Just
stop talking about it.

Robert Myers.