Matching message headers in mutt hooks

ny6p01 at gmail.com ny6p01 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 01:43:39 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 06:27:25PM -0400, Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I wrote:
> On 07/08/2012 04:37 PM, Edward M wrote:
> >On 07/08/2012 01:27 PM, Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I wrote:
> >>If I may?...exactly what IS "mutt"?....is it something I should
> >>concern myself with?
> >
> >    mutt is a text based email client.
> >
> Hmmm....I guess it's because I've never used something like it, but
> I imagine it's pretty hard to move around in if it's all text
> based?....no icons to click on for deleting messages? no
> drag-and-drop features?.....I think only a DIE hard techie would opt
> for such a thing! I cannot see the reason for or a situation where
> something like that would come in handy!....curious!
>

> EGO II

I've been using mutt for years as my only email client, and I can tell you
from personal experience that mutt is _much_ faster to get around in and
read and process mail than one with a gui. In fact, that's it's chief
selling point.

The downside of mutt is that it has a rather steep learning curve, but that
only lasts a lil while, and it doesn't have built in filtering; you have to
filter your mail on the server side, or with a program like procmail.  Some
might say you can't read html and see pictures inline, but I think that's a
plus!  :)

Terry