TeX update failure with texlive-release.repo

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Jul 11 22:03:43 UTC 2012

lvandijk wrote:

> I'm getting the same error on FC17. I am using R-core-2.15.1, which I
> updated by disabling the texlive-repo. When I now try to run yum update I
> don't get any errors from R, nor from texlive-latex or texlive-dvips. But
> I do still get this one:
>
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Package: 1:texlive-preview-11.86.svn17118-1.noarch (@texlive)
>            Requires: texlive-kpathsea
>            Removing: 1:texlive-kpathsea-svn26691-1.noarch (@texlive)
>                texlive-kpathsea = 1:svn26691-1
>            Obsoleted By: 1:tex-kpathsea-svn26691-1.noarch (texlive)
>                Not found
>
> Does anyone else still have this problem, or know of a way to fix it?

I'm not sure if this is the same problem I asked about.
I received the response.
I think the solution is to remove texlive-preview and install
tex-preview from the Fedora 17 repo.  The texlive repo no longer lists
texlive-preview or tex-preview as a package.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net