systemd and ssh/ftp

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jul 29 19:01:29 UTC 2012

Am 29.07.2012 20:48, schrieb Joe Zeff:
> On 07/29/2012 11:34 AM, pringler01 at gmail.com wrote:
>> I not in a firewall and i am not using SElinux. Anyone have anyidea of
>> what is wrong?
>
> Aside from the fact that you've got a completely unprotected box sitting on the Internet waiting for somebody to
> install a rootkit, no.

interesting how someone do this if there are no open services?

no, i am not a fan of machines without firewalls because it
happens fast that a service is public accessable why it should
not but saying a proper configured machine needs a firewall is FUD

on the other hand if someone is not able to start sshd on a fedora box
it would be better to use as many firewalls as are available

for sshd:

systemctl enable sshd.service
systemctl start sshd.service

why is somebody using old sysinitv files instead look
in /lib/systemd/system/ how the service-file is named?