booting from DVD image on hard drive partition

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Mar 22 16:13:47 UTC 2012

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012, jackson byers wrote:

> Michael,
> did you follow the Andras->Tom Horsley link?

Yes.  See my previous reply.
I've done some experimenting since.
My machine can still boot from my FC13 installation disk.
I let it get as far as offering to test the media.  I can't find my F14 disk.
I copied FC13's vmlinuz to a hard drive and
tried again with the grub command line.
The kernel command segfaulted again.
I even did a yum reinstall grub, but it didn't help.
The kernel command still segfaulted.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily