Error mounting Solaris disk (UFS)

Edward Martinez edwardm1 at live.com
Mon Apr 22 07:15:59 UTC 2013

On 4/21/2013 11:57 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> owever, when I try to mount it, I get errors...
>
> # mount -t ufs -o ufstype=ufs,ro /dev/sde12 /mnt/disk39
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sde12,
>         missing codepage or helper program, or other error
>
> Changing ufstype to ufs2 gives me the same error.
>
> Any ideas? This disk was installed on a system that ran Solaris 7 x86
> at the time, I guess that was before ZFS...
        for  "ufstype"  try ufstype=sunx86
        the option sunx86 is for filesystems created by solaris on x86
systems.  hope that works:-)

--
"It is man’s way through the use of all arts to show how we behave to each other, to show our strengths and reveal our weaknesses, and in the final analysis-to affirm the dignity of mankind.”
Dr. Isabelle Buckley - The Buckley School