Need Help - .CD/DVD ROM Drive Not Seen By OS.....

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Feb 1 19:39:38 UTC 2013

Am 01.02.2013 20:14, schrieb Eddie O'Connor:
> Sorry....I was under the impression that you never "named" another
> distro on a different mailing list....

if you break the rule not ask questions of a different distro
on a specific list you have to name it as you have always
to mention waht about you are speaking

> the distro is Red Hat Enterprise Linux......

they have support channels

> I downloaded the ISO from a mirror site and assumed it would install just like
> Scientific /CEntOS.....but its totally different....

CentOS is a 100% CLONE of RHEL
RHEL is not for free, Updates/RHN are NOt for free
binaries are NOT for free

you can download the source and rebuild it
that is what CebtOS does

> I guess if the only way to get it to work is to sign up for the
> RHN support I might have to just let it go....

if you need support buy RHEL

if you do not want pay for support use CentOS which is a 100% binary
compatible clone built from the RHEL sources - that is how the things
are working since virtually forever

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CentOS

CentOS is a free operating system distribution based upon the Linux kernel. It is derived entirely from the Red Hat
Enterprise Linux (RHEL) distribution. CentOS exists to provide a free enterprise class computing platform and
strives to maintain 100% binary compatibility with its upstream source, Red Hat.[2] CentOS stands for Community
enterprise Operating System.