"Install Updates & Restart" on a laptop

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Feb 2 22:33:08 UTC 2013

On 02/02/2013 02:17 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> I'm no big expert on these things, but I'd imagine it's going to be
> pretty difficult to pull in anything, never mind their dependencies, if
> the wireless doesn't turn on, and the laptop is not connected anywhere

I'm not familiar with the program, but judging by its name I'd expect it
to download the updates, install them and only then restart.  Having the
box restart first doesn't seem right, especially when you consider that
there might be something like a kernel update that's going to require
you rebooting to let it take effect.