"Install Updates & Restart" on a laptop

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Feb 2 22:57:20 UTC 2013

Am 02.02.2013 23:33, schrieb Joe Zeff:
> On 02/02/2013 02:17 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>> I'm no big expert on these things, but I'd imagine it's going to be
>> pretty difficult to pull in anything, never mind their dependencies, if
>> the wireless doesn't turn on, and the laptop is not connected anywhere
>
> I'm not familiar with the program, but judging by its name I'd expect it to download the updates, install them and
> only then restart.  Having the box restart first doesn't seem right, especially when you consider that there might
> be something like a kernel update that's going to require you rebooting to let it take effect.

the new crap is supposed to update at reboot to force fedora
more to be like windows - thankfully you can uninstall the
whole packagekit stuff and use "yum upgrade" and hopefully
this will never change

maybe you should follow devel list or feature list of fedora:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OfflineSystemUpdates