F18: how can I share printers??

Thomas Woerner twoerner at redhat.com
Thu Feb 14 14:34:44 UTC 2013

On 02/13/2013 03:25 PM, antonio montagnani wrote:
> Tim Waugh ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 13/02/2013 12:12:
>> On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 11:43 +0100, antonio montagnani wrote:
>>> what am I missing??? and which are the correct tools???
>>
>> If you use system-config-printer, or its troubleshooter, you might find
>> what's up.
>>
>> My guess is that firewalld is preventing CUPS Browse packets from being
>> received.
>>
>> Tim.
>> */
>>

>   yes, but as I am new to firewalld, what shall I do in order to share
> printer.I don't see any cups service to let open
> A point is: is sharing in Fedora easy for a standard user??? because we
> are loosing the point of usability in my opinion, unless you disable
> firewalld on all your networked computer

If you want to share your printer, enable the 'ipp' service in the zone
you are using for the connection of the default zone if you use the
default for all connections.

To make configuration changes in zones permanent, switch from the
runtime configuration view to the persistent configuration view. Changes
in the runtime view are only valid till system of firewalld restart. If
you want to enable sharing only for this boot, then change in runtime
view, it will be disabled at next boot again.