[OT] Folders under INBOX (re: g)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jan 20 21:53:32 UTC 2013

Am 20.01.2013 22:48, schrieb Sam Varshavchik:
>> > And, it's highly unlikely that it ever will
>>
>> says the developer of courier-imap ignoring that most people
>> these days are using dovecot or gmail and even niche-systems
>> like dbmail supports sieve since years
>
> Which standalone email clients can be used to adjust gmail's server-side filters?

does not matter, gmail is mostly used via http
and that said even if i never use http crap

> Forget even that – which standalone, relatively common, email clients can even support server-side sieve filters?
> Or, even have a clue what sieve is?
>
> I'm fully willing to consider the possibility that there are a plethora of sieve-supporting email clients out there
> that I just don't know about it.
>
> But, for some reason, I don't think that to be the case. There are some email clients that might support sieve, I
> suppose. But I'd be shocked if, in the entire pool of email clients, they're more than statistical noise.

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/sieve/
used since many years here

http://sieve.info/clients

the problem is that there are too many servers to supporting
sieve so why should someone add it as default for the clients
and you are one of the server-side developers not interested