OT: what's with the 'i'?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jan 31 20:44:20 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-31 at 15:07 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> On 01/31/2013 12:52 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> > On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:55:08 +0000
> > Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Way way OT:
> >>
> >> Just out of interest, why do some people use the non-existent word
> >> "i", not to mention other violations of capitalization rules when
> >> 1) their Shift key is clearly not broken,
> > Could be various reasons.
> > It's a multi-cultural list.
> > English as 2nd or 3rd language.
> > users may not have a western-style keyboard.
> > Maybe dyslexic (in rare case spell-check could complicate matters)
>
> I **AM** dyslexic and live and die by my speel ckecher.
----
my oldest brother is probably the smartest person I know - and he was
dyslexic too. He is also a graduate chemical engineer, former union
organizer, economics professor (masters degree) and it's obvious that
while spelling and grammar checkers are a must for people with these
problems, the truth is that it's about effective communication and I
don't have much patience for those who want to insist on rules of
communication rather than just appreciate the communication.

Craig

believed to be clean.