Zathura -

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri May 24 12:55:59 UTC 2013

On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:57:21 +0200 Michael Schwendt
<mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 May 2013 05:25:22 -0400, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>
> > I just yum installed zathura in F-18/64/XFCE. It appears to run but displays a blank form with only [No name] at the bottom left.
> >
> > [bobg at box10 ~]$ zathura  /mnt/HOME1/Documents/Toro/3375-638.pdf
> > error: could not open plugin directory: /usr/lib64/zathura
> > error: unknown file type
> >

> > Perhaps it wont work with XFCE?
>
> It's sort of "mispackaged". You need to install the zathura-pdf-poppler
> package, too. The zathura package description mentions that "plugins" are
> used, but is describes Zathura as PDF viewer although by default it cannot
> displays PDF, because the pdf-poppler plugin is not installed.
>
> Description :
> Zathura is a highly configurable and functional PDF viewer based on the Poppler
> rendering library and the GTK+ toolkit. The idea behind zathura is an
> application that provides a minimalist and space saving interface as well as
> an easy usage that mainly focuses on keyboard interaction.
>
> Zathura uses plugins to open different file formats, for instance:
> * zathura-pdf-poppler to open PDF files,
> * zathura-ps to open PostScript files,
> * zathura-djvu to open DjVu files.
> All of these are available in Fedora.

I also found configuration confusing earlier, but the following helped
me get there (as per my notes on my zathurarc
in my $HOME/.config/zathura/zathurarc

# http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/oneiric/man5/zathurarc.5.html
#
# see also http://pwmt.org/projects/zathura/configuration/
# and http://pwmt.org/projects/zathura/options/
# as well as http://pwmt.org/projects/girara/options/

Example:
set window-height 1150
set window-width 887
set adjust-open width

map <Home> goto top
map <End> goto bottom
map <PageUp> scroll full-up
map <PageDown> scroll full-down
map <BackSpace> scroll full-up
map r rotate rotate-cw
map c rotate rotate-ccw

--=

One thing I was not able to find is how to get a NextPage
key-binding using the PageDown which does not also impact the Spacebar
(which by default only pages down the screen, which I would like to
keep).

HTH,
Ranjan