Zathura -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri May 24 14:04:32 UTC 2013

On 24/05/13 06:57, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> It's sort of "mispackaged". You need to install the zathura-pdf-poppler
> package, too. The zathura package description mentions that "plugins" are
> used, but is describes Zathura as PDF viewer although by default it cannot
> displays PDF, because the pdf-poppler plugin is not installed.
>
> Description :
> Zathura is a highly configurable and functional PDF viewer based on the Poppler
> rendering library and the GTK+ toolkit. The idea behind zathura is an
> application that provides a minimalist and space saving interface as well as
> an easy usage that mainly focuses on keyboard interaction.
>
> Zathura uses plugins to open different file formats, for instance:
> * zathura-pdf-poppler to open PDF files,
> * zathura-ps to open PostScript files,
> * zathura-djvu to open DjVu files.
> All of these are available in Fedora.

Good, I installed the three plug-ins and it now displays the pdf file I
was testing with.

I put it into "full screen" and it took a while to find that could be
undone with F5 ...

I'm not sure it's any better than evince but I saw it mentioned and
wanted to try it. I will try the commands Ranjan suggests.

Thanks,

Bob

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD