F18 grublegacy boot chainload to md grub2?

Nate Pearlstein npearl at sgi.com
Wed May 29 13:51:53 UTC 2013

Has anyone had any luck with a legacy grub boot menu chainloading to an md /boot with grub2 installed in the md?

I've been using legacy grub for a multiboot menu for a long time now.  First time I've tried an md /boot that wasn't for an ia64 efi.  Asking about x86_64 just to be clear and no UEFI.

Can't seem to get grub2 to install into the component pieces of the md.  It will install into the md but I suspect it's offset to far from the beginning of the component partitions.    I've tried md metadata type 0.90 1.0 and 1.2 no luck.

--
Nate Pearlstein - npearl at sgi.com - Product Support Engineer