replacing lxdm with slim

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Wed May 29 14:08:00 UTC 2013

On Wed, 29 May 2013 03:14:07 -0400 Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 05/29/2013 02:32 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > systemctl enable slim.service
>
> Quick note, the ".service" part of this command is redundant in systemd
> in recent versions.  So system enable slim will work just fine.  You
> only need to expand it if you want to differentiate between different
> unit files (ex: cups.service vs cups.socket)

Thanks, both! A related question: if I were to create a LiveCD, with
slim instead of lxdm, what should I do?

Previously, all I did was create the following:

cat > /etc/sysconfig/desktop <<EOF
PREFERRED=/usr/bin/fvwm
DISPLAYMANAGER=/usr/sbin/slim-dynwm
EOF

I note that slim-dynwm has moved to /usr/bin, but doing that also does
not have any effect.

Many thanks,
Ranjan