Fedora = "the darker side of the Internet?"

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 11 10:40:25 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-10-11 at 00:00 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> But someone should tell them that there is plenty of light on RPM-land
> (considering they put Fedora, RHEL and CentOS in the same bag).

I think you all missed their point about wanting an install that has a
longer lifespan.  They're jumping ship from Debian, and avoiding Red Hat
derived distros, because they all change versions too often, and abandon
prior releases too quickly for them.  I understand how they feel.

Yes, CentOS, et cetera, have long life span versions, too.  But I
haven't compared the length of theirs to the long term Ubuntu one.  And
if you already came from a Debian background, Ubuntu is a closer move
than a Red Hat styled release.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686