Fedora = "the darker side of the Internet?"

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Oct 11 10:46:44 UTC 2013

Am 11.10.2013 12:40, schrieb Tim:
> On Fri, 2013-10-11 at 00:00 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
>> But someone should tell them that there is plenty of light on RPM-land
>> (considering they put Fedora, RHEL and CentOS in the same bag).
>
> I think you all missed their point about wanting an install that has a
> longer lifespan. They're jumping ship from Debian, and avoiding Red Hat
> derived distros, because they all change versions too often, and abandon
> prior releases too quickly for them.  I understand how they feel.

that must be why RHEL/CentOS has a lifespan of 10 years

> Yes, CentOS, et cetera, have long life span versions, too.  But I
> haven't compared the length of theirs to the long term Ubuntu one.

they also did not

otherwise they would not write bullshit like they are happy
about 5 years support while Redhat has 10 years and a
extended support of 13 years

https://www.google.at/search?q=rhel+lifecycle and click on the first link
https://access.redhat.com/site/support/policy/updates/errata/

no idea why people who can't use Google all the time spread FUD

> if you already came from a Debian background, Ubuntu is a closer move
> than a Red Hat styled release.

which has *nothing* to do with "the darker side of the Internet"
it's a matter of expierience and qualification