Fedora = "the darker side of the Internet?"

Bill Oliver vendor at billoblog.com
Fri Oct 11 15:45:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:

>> You can get both Fedora and CentOS on Linode and Digital Ocean.  Vote
>> with your money.
>>

> DigitalOcean is not trusteable, they have deleted my virtual machines
> and tole me that I have violated they AUP/TOS, I have asked how and they
> never replied, if you start using some CPU or bandwith they will ask you
> to go out.

I use cotse.net for my virtual server.  I don't know about super high bandwidth, since I run a personal webpage, email server, etc. and nothing commercial, but it's "unmetered" and I've never had a problem, even with occasional large file transfers.  They have a very liberal TOS.

They offer CentOS and Fedora on their virtual machines.  I use Fedora on my home machine, but switched to CentOS on the virtual machine because it's a hassle to frequently upgrade, and going from fedora 16 to 18 was impossible without reprovisioning the machine.

billo